IDA: What's new in 7.4sp1
Welcome to IDA 7.4 SP1!
IDA 7.4 SP1 fixes several minor issues discovered since the release of IDA 7.4.
- + M16C: improved jumptable recognition for M32C and R32C
- + installer: improved support for HiDPI displays in installers
- + installer: ignore known unusable/buggy Python 3.x installs on Windows
- + DEBUGGER: android: introduced IDA_LIBC_PATH envvar to specify the path of libc.in a nonstandard location (e.g. in Android 10)
- + DSCU: allow __auth_stubs sections to be loaded individually from the dyldcache
- + goodname.cfg: improved std::basic_string patterns
- BUGFIX: 6502: cross-references to 16-bit addresses could be truncated to 8 bits
- BUGFIX: debugger: IDA could appear to hang when deleting debugger segments after terminating a debugged process.
- BUGFIX: debugger: mac, linux debug servers could crash when using --on-broken-connection-keep-session (-k) switch.
- BUGFIX: DOS: IDA could crash after rebasing databases created for DOS .SYS files
- BUGFIX: DSCU: "load libname.dylib" context menu item could be unavailable for some valid addresses
- BUGFIX: hexrays: 32-bit magic divisions could be incorrectly recognized on arm64 and ppc64
- BUGFIX: hexrays: fixed interr 50340
- BUGFIX: hexrays: IDA could crash if no type was selected in "Convert to struct *" dialog, but OK was clicked
- BUGFIX: hexrays: it was impossible to change the representation of some constants
- BUGFIX: hexrays: op_uses_x() was returning false for 'cot_sizeof'
- BUGFIX: hexrays: some switch cases would be wrongly printed as unsigned values
- BUGFIX: hexrays: UDT return type could cause INTERR and __spoil<...> attribute was not supported for user-defined calls
- BUGFIX: hexrays: wrong handling of big register arglocs on BE plaftorm: valid fastcall functions could be erroneously converted to usercall
- BUGFIX: IDA could crash when trying to use license borrowing functionality without opening a file first
- BUGFIX: IDA could fail with "out of memory" if something was wrong with the list of trusted idbs
- BUGFIX: IDAPython could crash at startup on OSX when used with Python 3.6.
- BUGFIX: IDAPython: ida_hexrays.cblock_t.insert() was unusable
- BUGFIX: IDAPython: ida_kernwin.UI_Hooks.preprocess_action() wouldn't allow inhibiting the action
- BUGFIX: IDAPython: ida_nalt.retrieve_input_file_md5() & ida_nalt.retrieve_input_file_sha256() were returning invalid data
- BUGFIX: IDAPython: inspect.stack() could fail on recent versions of Python3 (e.g., Python 3.7.4)
- BUGFIX: IDAPython: re-instantiating a chooser a second time could cause some context menu items to appear twice
- BUGFIX: IDAPython: when returning an inappropriate type for ida_kernwin.Chooser2.OnGetLine() (e.g., returning a 'map()' in Python3, which produces a map iterable object and not a list), we would receive a cryptic message.
- BUGFIX: installer: Python 2.7 installation could fail if path to temp directory contained non-latin characters.
- BUGFIX: Lumina: IDA could submit the "File Name:" comment at the beginning of the IDB, as part of the first function's comments.
- BUGFIX: M16C: ADD.L #imm, SP instructions could update SP with wrong value
- BUGFIX: M16C: added missing DIV?.L and MUL?.L M32C instructions
- BUGFIX: pc: sysret was not marked as an instruction that stops execution
- BUGFIX: PPC: some VLE switches were not recognized if they used a register other than r0 for loading jump table elements
- BUGFIX: Pressing F5 could cause a confusing "conflicting shortcuts" message to be printed in some situations
- BUGFIX: ui/qt: it was impossible to change the font for the new type editor
- BUGFIX: ui/qt: navigating some forms containing a text area using <Tab> and <Shift+Tab>, was broken
- BUGFIX: ui/qt: the "Output window" was not understanding the '\r' (carriage return) character, making Python's 'tqdm' unusable
- BUGFIX: UI: it was impossible to add the same file in "Recent scripts" in two IDA instances running simultaneously
- BUGFIX: UI: IDA's UI could be sluggish on OSX when using an external display.
- BUGFIX: UI: list of patched bytes would be empty when patching a rebased program
- BUGFIX: ui: the script snippets could fail highlighting properly when Unicode was involved
- BUGFIX: unnamed types could not be imported in structure/enum views