Reverse engineering and analyzing software are difficult. It is challenging even
with the top of the line tools like IDA: quite frequently, the limitations
of the tool reveal themselves. That's why IDA can be programmed in multiple ways:
with with Python 2 or 3, and with plugins in C/C++.
Create an innovative and useful extension of our products and win the contest!
- Three cash prizes are on the stake: the first place is 3000 USD, the second
place is 2000 USD, and the third place is 1000 USD.
- Who can participate: all IDA license holders.
More elaborate rules and other fine print
- The contest goal is to create an
innovative, interesting, and useful
for IDA and/or the Decompiler. The extension
can be written in C, C++, or Python.
- The winners of the contest get a cash prize
(3000 USD, 2000 USD, and 1000 USD).
- All IDA license holders can participate
(with or without active support plan),
except Hex-Rays employees and their
- How to participate:
Send your plugin to
The submission should include the
source code and a small description
on how to use the plugin.
Specify who exactly should be
credited for the plugin. It's that
name (or those names, or possibly
even company name, university name,
...) that will appear as the plugin
author, in the results page.
- By submitting an entry you declare that you
own the copyright to the source
code or you are authorized to use it.
- The contest duration: your entries should
reach us on 15 September 2020 the latest
We will process the entries and declare the
winners within one week.
- Hex-Rays shall decide the winners.
- What will be asked from the winners: a
proper and legal picture identification
and bank account information within 30 days
of notification of winning.
The bank transfer will be made within two
weeks after authenticating the winner.
- Collective entries are allowed. The prize
will be paid to the person designated
by the group.
- The winners will be listed on the 'Hall of
Fame' web page.
The winner may request Hex-Rays not to
disclose his/her real name on that page.
Page 1 of 2