We offer free educational licenses to universities and other academic institutions that publicly enroll students on a regular basis. Military institutions do not qualify for educational licenses.
The educational license supports x86, x64, ARM and ARM64 processors. It comes with a native local debugger for Windows or Linux. Python and IDC scripts are supported. Input files up to 5MB can be analyzed.
How to apply?
To apply, send us a formal request on the organization letterhead with the following information:
- The course description (in preference a web link)
- Where IDA Educational will be used
- The start date and duration of the course
- The desired platform to run IDA Educational (Windows/Linux)
- The number of required seats
- The title, name, and email of the professor
|Available to individuals||Yes||No||No||No||No|
|Available to companies||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||No|
|Available to universities||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes||Yes|
|Single license can be used by many different users||No 1||Yes 2||Yes 3||No||Yes|
|Single license can be installed on more than one machine||Yes 4||No||Yes 5||Yes 5||No|
|Tied to a specific end user||Yes 1||No 9||No 9||No 10||No|
|Several copies can be run simultaneously||Yes 6||Yes 6||Yes 6||Yes 6||Yes 6|
|Requires network connection||No||No||Yes 7||Yes 7||No|
|Locked to hardware||No||No||No 8||No 8||No|
|Support period||1 year||1 year||1 year||1 year||none|
|Requires a dongle||No||No||No||No||No|
- Each named license is assigned to a specific user and can be used only by that user. Reassignment of the license to another user is usually possible during the support period (max twice per year)
- Each computer license can be used by any user on the physical or virtual computer where it's installed
- Each floating license allows one concurrent use of the software
- The user can install the software on his/her laptop and two desktop computers, provided that no other user uses the software on those computers.
- The software can be installed on as many computers as required (in the same company)
- Multiple copies can be run only on one computer at a time
- To the license server; it is possible to borrow a license for offline work
- Only license server is locked
Computer and floating licenses are assigned an email, usually of a person
updating the email address is possible during the support period (max twice per year)
- user management is done by your company.