The Hex-Rays Decompiler brings binary software analysis within reach of millions of programmers. It converts native processor code into a readable C-like pseudocode text.
Advantages of the Decompiler
In comparison to low level assembly language, high level language representation in the Decompiler has several advantages:
- concise: requires less time to read it;
- structured: program logic is more obvious;
- dynamic: variable names and types can be changed on the fly;
- familiar: no need to learn the assembly language;
- cool: the most advanced decompiler ever built!
The pseudocode text is generated on the fly. Our technology is fast enough to analyze 99% of functions within a couple of seconds.
Currently the decompiler supports compiler generated code for the x86, x64, ARM32, ARM64, and PowerPC processors. We plan to port it to other platforms in the future. The programmatic API allows our customers to improve the decompiler output. Vulnerability search, software validation, coverage analysis are the directions that immediately come to mind.
The decompiler runs on MS Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. The GUI and text IDA versions are supported.
More details about
Decompilation versus disassembly