IDA Technologies & Features Highlights
IDA is in many ways
unique. Its interactivity allows you to improve disassemblies in real time.
Its multi-processor support is unmatched. Yet,
two of our technologies are truly unique, have never been implemented under
any form in any real-life disassemblers and, more importantly, are incredible
The BEST analysis - closest to high level language than any other.
our Fast Library Identification and Recognition Technology identifies
standard function calls for many compilers. See FLIRT in action. Read
the FLIRT technological white paper.
- PIT : Parameter
Identification and Tracking tracks stack parameters as they are used.
able to backtrack parameter use.
Step 1 -
Step 2 -
- IDA is programmable through
a built-in C like language.
- IDA offers an
open Plugin Architecture. Our PE
debugger is nothing more than a plugin! The source code of several plugins is included in the SDK. Other plugins can be found around the net, for example from Ilfak's blog
- stealth: stealth against anti-debugging tricks.
- findcrypt: identifies some frequently used block ciphers.
- highlighter: highlights code that has been single stepped through in a debugging session.
- unispector: extracts unicode strings from an IDA database.
Other features & Tutorials
- Fully Interactive: you work with the disassembler
and forget about tedious multiple passes.
Processor: same interface and features for dozens of processors
- Debugger: multiple local and remote debugger modules, including WinDbg and GDBServer based ones
- Fully customizable
work and unified environment on all platforms.
- High level constructs
such as unions, structures, variable
sized structures and low level constructs such as bitfields.
track of your local variables, Local Variables.
through a VCG Port. See our Graphing Tutorial
- Fully dynamic
global and local Labels.
- Interactive Register
Renaming makes RISC processors easy.
you can even define and use your own comments base.
loads and disassemble virtually any file. Visit our gallery for
a small subset.
IDA runs on MS Windows, Linux, Mac OS X both in GUI and console modes.