IDA Pro’s interactivity allows you to improve disassemblies in real time. Its multi-processor support is unmatched. Our FLIRT and PIT modules are truly unique, are not offered by any other commercial disassemblers and, more importantly, are incredible time savers.
IDA runs on all standard platforms – MS Windows, Linux, Mac OS X both in GUI and console modes.
High level language support
No other disassembler offers these two great functions
- FLIRT, our Fast Library Identification and Recognition Technology identifies standard function calls for many compilers,making it easier for you to understand the code that has been disassembled. See FLIRT in action. Read the FLIRT technological white paper.
- PIT : Parameter
Identification and Tracking tracks stack parameters as they are used, enabling a faster analysis of the code.
able to backtrack parameter use.
Step 1 –
Step 2 –
- IDA is programmable through a C-like language – this flexibility enables you to improve IDA to your requirements
- IDA offers PE debugger – an open Plugin Architecture which again allows you to use third-party software to increase the power of IDA to meet your requirements. The source code of several plugins is included in the SDK. Other plugins can be found around the net, for example from our blog. Others can be found on Github.
Other features & Tutorials
- Fully Interactive: you work with the disassembler and forget about tedious multiple passes, enabling a quicker and more intuitive analysis of the code
- Multiple processor handling: same interface and features for dozens of processors to speed up the process of analysis, rather than having to understand new features for different processors
- Debugger: multiple local and remote debugger modules, including WinDbg and GDBServer
- Fully customizable work and provides a unified environment on all platforms
- High level constructs such as unions, structures, and variable sized structures and low level constructs such as bitfields.
- Stack Variables keep track of your local variables, so that you can analyze the code more quickly.
- Graphing: provides a pictorial overview of the code structure at a glance. See our Graphing Tutorial
- IDC scripting: IDC is a powerful C LIKE embedded programming language that extends IDA’s capabilities.
- The Program Navigator Toolbar
- Interactive Register Renaming makes RISC processors easy.
- Auto-commenting: you can even define and use your own comments base.
- Code flow: enhancing IDA’s brain
- Lumina server