Both IDA and Decompiler extensions are welcome!
This year's contest is over, we are glad to announce the results!
Please follow this link:
Stay tuned for the new contest announcement!
Thank you all!
Previous contest results:
Reverse engineering and analyzing software are difficult. It is challenging even
with the top of the line tools like IDA: quite frequently, the limitations
of the tool reveal themselves. That's why IDA can be programmed in multiple ways:
with the built-in scriptable language, with Python/Perl/Ruby, and with plugins in C/C++.
Create an innovative and useful extension of our products and win the contest!
- Three cash prizes are on the stake: the first place is 1900 USD, the second
place is 950 USD, and the third place is 450 USD.
- Who can participate: all IDA license holders.
More elaborate rules and other fine print
- The contest goal is to create an innovative, interesting, and useful extension
for IDA and/or the Decompiler. The extension can be written on any language.
C, C++, Python, IDC, Perl, Ruby are most welcome.
- The winners of the contest get a cash prize (1900 USD, 950 USD, and 450 USD).
- All IDA license holders can participate (with or without active support plan), except Hex-Rays employees and their families.
- How to participate: just send the plugin to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The submission should include the source code and a small description on how to
use the plugin.
- By submitting an entry you declare that you own the copyright to the source
code or you are authorized to use it.
- The contest duration: your entries should reach us before 16 September 2014 (Belgian time).
We will process the entries and declare the winners within one week.
- Hex-Rays shall decide the winners.
- What will be asked from the winners: a proper and legal picture identification
and bank account information within 30 days of notification of winning.
The bank transfer will be made within two weeks after authenticating the winner.
- Collective entries are allowed. The prize will be paid to the person designated
by the group.
- The winners will be listed on the 'Hall of Fame' web page.
The winner may request Hex-Rays not to disclose his/her real name on that page.