The IDA Pro book
This is not the first book about IDA Pro. However, this is the first book I recommend to anyone using IDA Pro because of the following points:
- Comprehensive: it describes all major IDA features by starting at the beginning and going all the way to the end. Experienced users may be tempted to skip the first few chapters; resist this temptation and you will discover something new (I did 🙂
- Accurate: it is very difficult to be detailed and precise when describing such a complex product. Chris does it excellently well.
- Real: handles real world malware, packers, and obfuscated code
- No fillers: it is direct and concise
- Profound: this is not just a collection of recipes or tricks, but will give you a better understanding of the IDA architecture, thus saving you from unnecessary frustration. Knowing the limitations of your tool is just as important as knowing its capabilities.
If you want to use IDA efficiently, get your copy from No Starch Press!
UPD for numerologists: the book has exactly 640 pages, no less, no more!