Silent WMF Hotfix Installer
The new version is suitable for automated setup (for example, in logon scripts). Due to popular demand the new version of the setup can work in fully silent mode. If run without command line parameters, it will behave normally – display the welcome window, ask for confirmations, etc. To run it silently, use the following command line:
wmffix_hexblog14.exe /VERYSILENT /SUPPRESSMSGBOXESIn the case of a successful install, the computer will reboot. Otherwise the setup will exit with one the following codes:
- 1 Setup failed to initialize.
- 3 A fatal error occurred while preparing to move to the next installation phase (for example, from displaying the pre-installation wizard pages to the actual installation process). This should never happen except under the most unusual of circumstances, such as running out of memory or Windows resources.
- 4 A fatal error occurred during the actual installation process. Note: Errors that cause an Abort-Retry-Ignore box to be displayed are not fatal errors. If the user chooses Abort at such a message box, exit code 5 will be returned.
- 5 The user chose Abort at an Abort-Retry-Ignore box.
- 10 The fix is already present on the system
- 11 The fix can not be installed because the system is not supported
@echo off rem Batch for to illustrate how to use wmf_checker in the silent mode wmf_checker_hexblog /SILENT if errorlevel 2 goto bad_error if errorlevel 1 goto vulnerable echo You system seems to be invulnerable goto end :vulnerable echo You system is VULNERABLE! Please install the fix from http://www.hexblog.com goto end :bad_error echo Something bad happened to the checker goto end :endThe files can be downloaded from the following links: http://www.hexblog.com/security/files/wmffix_hexblog14.exe (md5: 15f0a36ea33f39c1bcf5a98e51d4f4f6) http://www.hexblog.com/security/files/wmf_checker_hexblog.exe (md5: ba65e1954070074ea634308f2bab0f6a) http://www.hexblog.com/security/files/wmfhotfix.cpp (source code of the hotfix) http://www.hexblog.com/security/files/wmf_checker_source.zip (source code of the checker)