I restored the old configuration and the blog will continue its normal operation now. The hotfix can not be downloaded from the site anymore but its source code is still available. Thank you all for the support! I’d like to say thank you once more to the guys who mirrored the files! P.S. Next week we will […]
This week a new vulnerability was found in Windows: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/912840.mspx Browsing the web was not safe anymore, regardless of the browser. Microsoft will certainly come up with a thouroughly tested fix for it in the future, but meanwhile I developed a temporary fix – I badly needed it.
I updated my EFD utility to handle the packed XCP.DAT file. To extract files from the archive, use: efd -x xcp.dat in a clean directory. It will create files like xcp1.dat, xcp2.dat, etc. Unfortunately the file names are not present in the archive, that’s why the names are so meaningless. Here is the utility: efd.zip