IDA + Windows + system python 2.7.11
In case you:
- are running IDA on Windows
- are using the system’s Python (as opposed to the bundled Python distribution, that one can opt for at installation-time)
- have installed the recently released Python 2.7.11
…you will have noticed that IDAPython fails to load the ‘site’ module and, consequently, IDAPython is not available.
As far as I understand, this is a Python installer issue, which I reported ( https://bugs.python.org/issue25824 ).
While waiting for feedback from the Python authors, we can already offer the two following solutions:
- remove Python 2.7.11 and pick an earlier version (2.7.10 is known to work)
- open regedit.exe, and rename the key:
This post will be updated whenever more information becomes available on the Python side.
(Thanks to Tamir Bahar, who reported this issue very early on!)